Table of Contents
In the summer, my kids and I want a treat pretty much every day and having some healthier treat options makes me feel a little better about the daily treats. There is nothing wrong with regular ice cream or popsicles but, when my kids are asking for something multiple times a day, having a healthier frozen treat up my sleeve is a good idea. This super easy Peanut Butter Cup Cottage Cheese Ice Cream is so delicious and is actually very easy to make! You will love the rich peanut butter ice cream base and the peanut butter cup chunks throughout.
**Keep reading for a $75 Peanut Gift Basket giveaway!
Cottage cheese is all the rage and I decided to give my own take on the TikTok cottage cheese ice cream. I honestly struggled jumping on this trend because I was thinking “how can cottage cheese taste like ice cream?” But, it really does! It is actually rich and creamy and super yummy!
- Peanuts and peanut butter have 7 grams of protein (higher than any other nut), 19 vitamins and minerals- like niacin, folate, vitamin E and magnesium, fiber and heart-healthy fats.
- Peanuts are affordable! I always keep some on hand for snacks for the kids. Just last night at bedtime, my 2 younger kids were eating handfuls of peanuts because they were still hungry. I love that peanuts actually give my kids nutrition and taste like a fun snack to the kids.
- Peanuts can be part of a healthy snack or dessert- totally guilt-free! I love using peanuts to make a healthier treat such as filling a date with peanut butter and peanuts and freezing them to taste like a Snickers.
- Peanuts are an energy dense food that is great for after your workouts or before! The protein in peanuts help with muscle growth and repair.
- Daily peanut intake can help with a reduction in stress, anxiety and depression. Love this!
- Eating peanuts can help lead to weight loss, decreased blood pressure and improved fasting glucose levels.
Cottage Cheese Nutrition Benefits
- Cottage cheese is high in protein. A 1/2 cup serving has 12 grams of protein, which is my favorite part about it! It will help keep you full and is perfect for people who workout to help build and maintain muscle.
- Cottage cheese is loaded with calcium for your bones, phosphorus for energy production and cell growth, and has vitamin B12 and selenium.
Peanut Butter Cup Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Ingredients
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
Blend together your cottage cheese, maple syrup and peanut butter in a food processor or blender until super smooth and creamy. Stir in the chopped peanuts and peanut butter cups. Place the mixture into a storage container or loaf pan and place in the freezer until firm- about 3-4 hours. When you’re ready to serve, thaw for about 10 minutes for easy scooping. Enjoy!
Like this recipe? Check out other healthy ice cream recipes:
The giveaway will be for a Peanut Lover basket (worth $75+) including KIND bars, RX bars, IQ Protein Bars, Mighty Me Peanut Puffs, Skippy PB, JIF peanut butter, Planters cocktail peanuts and honey roasted peanuts, and PB Fit peanut powder.
This post is sponsored by The Peanut Institute!